Version 2 of the Inside Operations Management Suite e-book is available for download here
A year has passed since the authors Pete Zerger, Tao Yang and Stanislav Zhelyazkov released their first version of “Inside OMS” book. I read the first version cover to cover and learned a lot about OMS when first adopted the service. A lot has changed to the platform over the last year and the new ebook covers all new features, except the new query language recently introduced.
If you are like me, passionate about monitoring, analytics and general Microsoft technology, i strongly recommend this e-book.
This is the updated release (v2.0) of “Inside the Microsoft Operations Management Suite”, an end-to-end deep dive into the full range of Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) features and functionality, complete with downloadable sample scripts.
The chapter list in this edition is shown below:
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Onboarding
- Chapter 2: Searching and Presenting OMS Data
- Chapter 3: Process Automation
- Chapter 4: Configuration Management
- Chapter 5: Change & Update Management
- Chapter 6: Extending OMS Using Log Search
- Chapter 7: Alert Management
- Chapter 8: Log Management & Performance Data
- Chapter 9: Azure & Office 365 Solutions
- Chapter 10: Service Map & Wire Data
- Chapter 11: Network Performance Monitor
- Chapter 12: Other OMS Solutions
- Chapter 13: Assessment Solutions
- Chapter 14: Security & Compliance
- Chapter 15: Protection & Recovery
- Chapter 16: ITSM Integration
- Chapter 17: Custom OMS Solutions