Ignite 2019 is just around the corner, and we have a lot to look forward to. According to the session builder, there are almost 2000 sessions to choose from. Even Monday has 321!
In this post, I will share what I think you should look out for and what sessions to attend.
First things first. Monday is packed with keynotes. Satya Nadella’s vision keynote will tell us how Microsoft sees the future and sets the mood for the coming week. We can also expect a few announcements coming as well.
After the vision keynote, each product team has their own technology keynote. These are usually really good and packed with demos.
For Ignite 2019 I am not sure which I will attend. But it will be one of these two:
One hot tip that I have, is the ability to chose a learning path. This lets you add all breakout sessions within the learning path, and with that have consistency in your sessions. If you’re going à la carte, I think these sessions look interesting.
- Building the foundation for modern ops: Monitoring
- Deployment practices for greater reliability
- Top ten best security practices for Azure today
- Enhancing web applications with cloud intelligence
- Lessons learned: An MSP’s journey from System Center Operations Manager to Azure Monitor
- Advanced monitoring: Azure Monitor best practices you should know
- Top 10 best practices in Azure governance and adoption
- AI behind call center analytics: Using Azure Cognitive Services to improve customer experiences
Ignite 2019 have a great option called Expert Connect. Here you can schedule to meet subject matter experts and discuss your real-world challenges.
Personally, I have cut down on the number of sessions that I attend each day. And instead, I am prioritizing side meetings and the occasional “hallway session”.
Most of the breakout sessions are available on-demand when you get home.
If you want to meet, let me know!