Microsoft Ignite in Orlando has started, already on day one we got a lot of announcements and new features. In this post I will try to keep track of the updates on regarding monitoring and management. SCOM, OMS, Azure monitor etc.
Microsoft Operations Management Suite, Log Analytics, Azure Monitor
- Azure Security Center for hybrid cloud.
- Azure Monitor, near real-time alerts
- New container monitoring solution
- Using Log Analytics query across multiple workspaces
- The OMS portal as we know it will be deprecated and everything integrated in to the Azure portal.
System Center Operations Manager
From the session “System Center : First look at advancements coming this year” held 26.09 we got the following annoucements regarding SCOM.
- New release cadence.
- System Center 1801 prieview early November. Release Q1 2018
- Service Map integration
- Windows Server 2016 SDDC monitoring
- Improved Unix/Linux support
- “setup improvements” hopefully a better way to deploy “manually”
- Kerberos support
- Log file monitoring with FluentD. Essentially this enables us to create monitors etc. based on logfiles as we can with Windows
- SCOM 2016 HTML5 console
- Improved diagnostics and drill down – this is huge for those who haven’t invested in third-party software
- Custom widget support. Display other charts on your dashboard.
- MP updates and recommendations (introduced in 2016) now supports 3rd party MPs. 56 partners with certified MPs are available.
- Visual Studio Authoring Extension for VS 2017