Update February 8 2018:
Microsoft released system Center 1801 today. Read more here https://adatum.no/operationsmanager/scom-1801-released
Today, Microsoft annouced that a preview of the next System Center realease (1801) is available for download. This is a preview of the upcoming version, scheduled for Q1 2018. The key focus points for 1801 was announced at Ignite and includes.
- Support for Windows Server version 1709: Support for the latest version of Windows Server with host monitoring, host management, configuration of encrypted SDN virtual network, Shielded Linux VMs on Hyper-V management, and backup capabilities.
- Support for additional Windows Server 2016 features in Virtual Machine Manager: Now customers can setup nested virtualization, software load balancer configuration, Storage QoS configuration and policy settings, and migrate VMware UEFI VM to Hyper-V VM.
- Linux monitoring in Operations Manager: Customers can now realize granular log file monitoring in Linux using a customizable FluentD-based Linux agent. Linux log file monitoring is now at par with that of Windows Server.
- Improved web console experience in Operations Manager: The SCOM web console has been moved completely to HTML5 with support for all browsers, out-of-the-box widgets, and widget customization.
- Updates and recommendations for third-party Management Packs: We released the MP Updates and Recommendations feature in System Center 2016. This has been expanded now to support the discovery and update of third-party MPs.
- Faster, cost-effective VMware backup: Using our Modern Backup Storage technology in Data Protection Manager, customers can backup VMware VMs faster and cut storage costs by up to 50%.
- In Operations Manager:
- Improvements to Linux MPs
- Linux Kerberos support
- Improvements to Windows Server OS MP
- One setup for all languages
- Improved UI responsiveness with large number MPs
- Visual Studio 2017 support in VSAE
- In Virtual Machine Manager:
- SLB Guest cluster floating IP support
- Storage QoS at VMM Cloud
- Storage QoS extended to SAN storage
- Remote to VMs in Enhanced Session mode
- Seamless update of non-domain host agent
- Support for fallback HGS for Shielded VM
- Host Refresher made up to 10X faster